Last Updated on January 11, 2023 by Husnain Iftikhar
Children are a happy addition to every family. However, gaining extra pounds during pregnancy and dealing with the postpartum effects are real challenges that mothers face. Breastfeeding is an essential factor for the child’s safe and healthy growth. However, new moms are curious to know the fastest way to lose weight while breastfeeding.
Generally, every woman has a different process of losing weight after pregnancy. Some women lose weight with minor efforts, and others have to work harder in order to lose the extra pounds. Although there is also a misconception that breastfeeding causes a lot of weight loss, even though breastfeeding burns a tremendous amount of calories. It is still more important to know that healthy breastfeeding requires more diet than a regular pre-birth diet.
You require extra 500+ calories in your regular diet after childbirth to feed your child. A breastfeeding mother usually burns 500-700 calories in a day, which helps her avoid gaining any additional weight to her current body weight. So, breastfeeding helps new moms slightly to maintain their weight at a specific point. Some women start losing weight while breastfeeding, because of consuming a poor diet and burning more calories than they are consuming.
The question is, ‘can you lose weight while breastfeeding’? If yes, then how to lose weight while breastfeeding? It’s common for new moms to seek out the fastest way to lose weight while breastfeeding. The most important thing is to know when it’s time to start your weight loss journey after giving birth. And how to lose weight safely while breastfeeding? In this article, we will discuss the following;
- The importance of a healthy diet while breastfeeding.
- What is the right time to start your weight loss journey after giving birth?
- Reasons why one is unable to lose weight while breastfeeding?
- Tips and tricks on how to lose weight safely while breastfeeding.
- The Best Weight Loss Products For Breastfeeding Moms.
Related Article: How to Stitch A Wound? Precautions And Guidelines
The Importance Of A Healthy Diet While Breastfeeding
A healthy diet while breastfeeding is essential as you need more calories to produce milk that fulfills your baby’s needs. Breastfeeding gives your baby numerous benefits. Mother milk saves the baby from several infections and is responsible for the healthy growth of the bones. Medical experts say that breastfeeding also saves the mother from many diseases like breast cancer and many other diseases.
Taking a healthy diet while breastfeeding is essential as it will prevent the mother from weakness. Breastfeeding consumes more calories. Consumption of calories is different in every woman, depending on their lifestyle. A woman who lives an inactive lifestyle needs fewer calories than a woman who lives an active lifestyle.
After consulting with your nutritionist, make a diet chart based on your daily need for calories. Try to fulfill your need for calories from foods that are rich in nutrients.
Foods To Take While Breastfeeding
- Try to eat food that is healthy and rich in nutrients.
- You should consume more foods that are rich in iron, as iron compensates for blood deficiency.
- Keep yourself hydrated, and take more water and other healthy fluids while breastfeeding. When breastfeeding, limit your intake of caffeine-containing beverages such as coffee and tea.
- Eat fish, lean meat, eggs and beans to get the required protein for your body.
- Fruit and vegetables are the primary sources of healthy nutrients. Add more fruits and vegetables to your daily diet. Consuming more fruits and vegetables will help you to overcome your hunger cravings and help you in your weight loss journey.
- Enhance the intake of foods that contain vitamins (A, C, D) and minerals, as these are helpful in the production of healthy milk.
Foods You Should Avoid While Breastfeeding
While breastfeeding, you should avoid these items
- Junk or fast food
- Drinks that contain caffeine (tea, coffee and soft drinks)
- Stop drinking alcohol
- Food that is highly processed
- Snacks (source of empty calories)
- Fish rich in mercury
- Foods that your stomach doesn’t tolerate or you are allergic to them
When Is The Right Time To Start My Postpartum Weight Loss Journey?
New moms have an increased tendency to know the fastest way to lose weight while breastfeeding that they gained during pregnancy. Before starting the weight loss journey, there should be a proper consultation with a medical expert. According to the experts, there should be a wait of six to nine weeks after childbirth before moving towards weight loss.
Some mothers choose unhealthy ways to lose weight that affect their health and the milk supply. After identifying the number of calories you consume every day, it is essential to get a diet plan from a certified nutritionist. This ‘weightloss breastfeeding diet’ should suit your body’s needs and help you reduce weight healthily.
The Reasons Why You Might Not Be Losing Weight While Breastfeeding
Some women get worried when they are unable to lose weight while breastfeeding. Remember one thing every woman’s weight loss journey varies differently from one another. There are differences between every woman’s body and metabolism because each body has its mechanism and metabolism. You may face multiple obstacles in your weight loss journey for various reasons. Most women hear experiences from one another and start believing what they hear despite the fact that it is medically proven that various underlying factors can impede your weight loss efforts.
Listed below are some reasons why weight loss may be difficult for some women:
- Breastfeeding makes you feel more hungry than usual, and you cannot control your unusual craving for food.
- You are taking in more calories than your body needs for normal functioning.
- You are taking food rich in fats and not recommended by the experts during weight loss.
- You may be suffering from hormonal problems, and it can be the lead cause of not losing weight.
- An inactive lifestyle plays a crucial role in weight gain.
- Poor sleep cycles may also affect your weight loss efforts.
- A higher level of stress and anxiety can also interfere with weight loss efforts by making the body function less efficiently.
How To Lose Weight While Breastfeeding: The Complete Guide
Weight loss while breastfeeding is sometimes challenging as you have to look after multiple factors. Firstly, you must consult your doctor to get the proper consultation regarding your weight loss. A proper diet chart should be based on the daily consumption of calories.
Knowing the calories your body needs while breastfeeding is essential to maintain a healthy and good milk supply. Cut the usage of extra calories based on your body’s needs and diet plan. Enhance the intake of food that is healthy and rich in proteins and vitamins.
Here are some step-by-step guidelines on how to lose weight safely while breastfeeding;
- First, consult a nutritionist or medical expert who will provide you with a proper diet chart. The diet chart will be based on your body’s needs for calories. You should follow the diet plan strictly to get the desired results.
- Take more quantities of fluids and keep yourself hydrated. Taking more water is helpful to regulate your metabolism and also plays an essential role in recovering the hormonal imbalance. Medical experts recommend the intake of eight glasses of water. Taking more fluids makes your muscles active, helps you regulate blood circulation, and assists your kidney.
- Do exercise daily as recommended by your physical trainer and that best suits your body’s psyche. Try to do safe postpartum exercises recommended by medical experts. Initially, start exercising with minimum effort and adopt a moderate exercise plan. Never try complex exercises that may harm your body, as your body recently recovered from the postpartum effects.
- Try to adopt a healthy sleep pattern, as it will be beneficial to perform your daily workout more efficiently. Start your day by waking up early, going to bed early, and making your sleep routines following your child’s routine.
- Adopt a healthy diet pattern to lose weight while breastfeeding. Being a new mother, you are already burning 500 calories in breastfeeding. So you have to take care of the consumption of the diet whether it is healthy or not. Depending on your lifestyle, whether it is an active or a moderate lifestyle, make your diet pattern accordingly.
- Try to consume more fresh fruits and vegetables. Add fresh vegetables to your plate for lunch and dinner. Fruits and vegetables contain nutrients and vitamins that are essential for your health and are less in fats. Always use seasonal fruits and vegetables, as medical experts do not recommend out-of-season vegetables and fruits. Make a habit of using fruits in your pre-workout routine, as it will strengthen your body muscles.
- Some mothers start doing poor fasting to lose weight, or they start skipping meals. This way is very hazardous for your health and can affect your milk supply and health.
- Try to consume the fats that are healthy and beneficial for your weight loss. Healthy fats are responsible for the body’s normal functioning and strengthen your brain. The source of these fats is olive oil, coconut oil, trout fish and almonds.
- Get lean proteins using fish, yogurt, beans, peas and beef. Use these foods following the recommendation of your nutritionist.
- Avoid using remedies that are not from a certified medical expert. Trying the poor methods for weight loss immediately will also affect your milk supply and health.
Expert Picks: The Best Weight Loss Products For Breastfeeding Moms
The best way to lose weight is to exercise and by keeping your diet balanced. Certain medically approved products are available in the market to help you efficiently lose weight. You can use these products to get the desired result. These products are made to treat the different underlying causes of obesity. New moms can use these products while breastfeeding in order to get their pre-pregnancy body.
Here are some products recommended by our experts after doing complete research. These products are according to your body’s needs and help you to lose the extra pounds efficiently. These products are also a gift for those who want to know the fastest way to lose weight while breastfeeding. Below are the complete details of the products and their specifications.
3. Ikaria Lean Body Juice | Advanced Super Food Complex
Ikaria lean body juice is a gift for those who want their bodies slim and intelligent. This juice is a blend of many powerful exotic fat-burning nutrients that are helpful in fat burning. Ikaria lean body juice does not contain any ingredient that may harm your body. It helps burn your fats more efficiently and gives you the new body you desire.
Ikaria is specially made with ingredients that will eliminate the ceramides from your body. Ceramides are believed to be toxic lipid molecules in fatty people contributing to obesity. These fat molecules make your fat-burning hormones almost dead, and as a result, you get some extra pounds. The Ikaria Lean Belly Juice dissolves the ceramides or poor fats, making your fat-burning process faster and resulting in a thin and lean body.
What Is In Ikaria Lean Belly Juice? Uncover All The Healthy Ingredients Here!
- Milk thistle (Helpful in maintaining liver health and blood sugar, also burn fat)
- Panax Ginseng (It has a potent aphrodisiac effect, helps boost the energy level and shrinks fat cells)
- Resveratrol (Rejuvenates cells, reduces fat mass, and supports to maintain good heart arteries health)
- Taraxacum (Reduce the level of cholesterol and maintain blood pressure, vanish the fat blocks and is also helpful in healthy digestion)
- Citrus Pectin (Responsible for the extraction of toxic metals from the body and also control the untimely cravings or hunger)
- EGCG (It’s a powerful antioxidant and fastens the process of fat burning)
- Bioperine (Responsible for the improvement in the absorption of nutrients and also support healthy brain performance)
- The beetroot, Hibiscus, strawberry extract, Acai extract, African mango extract, black currant extract, and blueberry powder are also found in Ikaria lean belly juice. These ingredients are responsible for healthy weight loss in breastfeeding moms.
The Surprising Benefits Of Drinking Ikaria Lean Belly Juice
- Purely natural ingredients
- Non-GMO verified product
- Burn the fats in a healthy manner
- Responsible for controlling the bad cholesterol
- No stimulants
- Maintain the blood pressure
- Increase the functionality of the brain
- Burn the clogged fat
- Control the untimely cravings for hunger
- Easy to mix as it is in liquid form
- No addiction
- Hundred percent natural formula
- Improve the digestion
2. Exipure Healthy Weight Loss Capsules: The Ultimate Way To Shed Those Unwanted Pounds
Losing weight in breastfeeding moms is challenging, especially when they are trying to do so without affecting their milk supply. They are often conscious and ask, ‘how to lose weight while breastfeeding without losing supply’? The answer is it is difficult to lose weight without knowing the root cause of your obesity. Exipure weight loss capsules come with all the natural ingredients that deal with the underlying cause of obesity and help you in weight loss. Exipure weight loss capsules enhance the level of Brown adipose tissues (BAT) in your body, which aids in fast and immediate weight loss. This product, with a blend of eight exotic natural nutrients, helps you to lose weight effectively.
What are Inside Exipure Weight Loss Capsules? A Comprehensive Look At The Ingredients
- Perilla (Responsible for boosting the brown adipose tissues level that is responsible for healthy weight loss, also control the good cholesterol)
- Kudzu (Rich in antioxidants, also relieves swelling and aches)
- Holy Basil (Supports healthy brain functionality and also manages stress. It is also responsible for the boosting of BAT)
- White Korean Ginseng (Improves the immune system of the body and also enhances the brown adipose tissues )
- Amur cork Bark (Helpful in maintaining good liver and heart health)
- Propolis (Contains 300+ antioxidants and boosts BAT)
- Quercetin (Manage the blood pressure and also control the aging cell and rejuvenates them)
- Oleuropein (Boost the brown adipose tissues and is also responsible for good artery health)
Benefits Of Exipure Weight Loss Capsules
- Natural ingredients
- Boost the brown adipose tissues
- Burn the clogged fat
- Support healthy weight lose
- Improve the immune system
- Boost the brown adipose tissues
- Support the good cholesterol
- Maintain the blood pressure
- No stimulants
- No addiction
- Support the healthy brain functionality
- Made in FDA registered facility
- GMP Certified
1. ALPILEAN Weight Loss Capsules: The Secret To Fast And Easy Weight Loss
ALPILEAN weight loss capsules help to maintain the inner temperature of your body’s internal organs and cells. According to the Stanford University School of Medicine, in overweight people, one common factor of obesity is low inner body temperature. When this body temperature is low, your body fat-burning process becomes slow, and as a result, you fall prey to obesity.
ALPILEAN weight loss capsules are made up of medically approved natural ingredients that help to fasten the process of fat burning. These weight loss capsules maintain the inner temperature of your body and charge your calories-burning engine.
What’s Inside ALPILEAN Weight Loss Capsules? Here Are The Ingredients That Make It Work.
- Golden Algae (Maintain the inner temperature of the body and strengthen the bones and is also responsible for the liver and brain health)
- Dika Nut, also known as African mango seed (Maintains healthy cholesterol and stimulates the process of digestion. It is also helpful in maintaining the body’s inner temperature.)
- Drumstick Tree leaf or Moringa leaf (Highly rich in antioxidants and maintain healthy blood sugar)
- Bigarade Orange (Improves the immune system of the body)
- Ginger Rhizome (Responsible for maintaining good oral health and supporting healthy muscle growth. Ginger Rhizome is also known as ginger root, helpful in maintaining the inner temperature of the body)
- Turmeric Rhizome, also known as turmeric root, is responsible for good skin health and a healthy heart.
Benefits Of Alpilean Weight Loss Capsules
- Pure natural ingredients
- Medically approved plant roots make the fat-burning process fast
- It helps to maintain the blood pressure
- Boost the inner temperature of the body’s organs and cells that charge and enhance the fast calorie-burning process.
- GMO-free product
- Improves the immune system of the body
- No Stimulants
- No Addiction
- Help to maintain the blood sugar level
- Easy to swallow
- Maintain the good cholesterol in the body
- GMP Certified
- Made in an FDA-registered facility
Weight loss during breastfeeding is something that requires proper guidance and care. While breastfeeding, you require extra calories to maintain the milk supply to feed your baby. You shouldn’t feel pressured about your extra weight immediately after childbirth because it’s normal to gain a few pounds more than normal after pregnancy. You should give yourself six to eight weeks to rest after pregnancy before you begin your weight loss journey.
Be aware of the untrue and fast weight loss remedies you read on social media. Always consult a certified nutritionist or medical person before starting the weight loss efforts. Get a proper diet chart or plan based on your body’s needs for calories. Furthermore, the products mentioned above are also highly efficient and helpful in helping women lose weight while breastfeeding. We have shortlisted all the products above after carefully researching them and obtaining medical approval.
Always try to adopt healthy weight loss and never compromise your health during your weight loss efforts because unhealthy weight loss can also affect the milk supply. If a diet plan or product does not suit your body, never hesitate to consult with your nutritionist to revise your diet chart or product.
Related Article: How To Make Yourself Pee? Methods And Precautions