Visiting a hospital is not always the best decision for your health, especially if you do not need a major procedure performed. If you are a resident of the city of Thunder Bay in Ontario and need a one-stop solution for you and your family’s health needs, this ultimate guide for walk-in clinics in Thunder Bay, will make it easy for you to navigate the basic healthcare landscape. You can also find walk-in clinics for Alberta and British Columbia easily.
The healthcare providers listed here, all accessible walk-in clinics in Thunder Bay, each with their own unique service set, all aim to provide comprehensive, coordinated, and holistic non-emergency health care.
1. Oak Medical Arts Walk-In Clinic
Oak Medical Arts walk-in clinic provides health care services ranging from prescriptions to counseling. This clinic accommodates family health needs including:
- TB testing
- COVID-19 vaccine booking
- Prescription medicines for basic health problems
- Foot Care
- Chiropractic services such as adjustment, alignment, and acupuncture.
- Advisory services for ideal nutritional requirements,
- Support for a balanced mental health
- Help with managing addictions
This clinic is also equipped to provide a medical fitness certificate for a driver’s license. You can clearly see that it is a clinically focused and multi-disciplinary clinic.
- Monday 9 am to 8 pm
- Tuesday 9 am to 8 pm
- Thursday 9 am to 8 pm
- Wednesday 9 am to 12 noon and 5 pm to 8 pm
- Friday 9 am to 1 pm
- Saturday Closed
- Sunday Closed
- 63 Algoma Street North, Suite 120, Thunder Bay
- 554 Beverley Street, Thunder Bay
- 260 Golf Links Road, Thunder Bay
- 620 Arthur Street, Unit 105, Thunder Bay
- Tel: 8073444540
2. Lakehead Nurse Practitioner-Led Walk-In Clinic
LNPLC offers primary care addressing all needs of the patient with a focus on health promotion. They also help patients with chronic disease management and guide patients on health care system navigation. The ultimate goal is to provide integrated community care through partners.
Clinical services include:
- “Prescription To Get Active” to keep physically active and fit
- Skin screening
- Hearing screening
- Healthy weight management
- Memory screening
- Pap smear testing to detect cervical cancer
- Care-giver support.
- Monday 1 pm to 4 pm, 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm (expanded urgent care)
- Tuesday 1 pm to 4 pm, 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm (expanded urgent care)
- Wednesday 1 pm to 4 pm, 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm (expanded urgent care)
- Thursday 1 pm to 4 pm, 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm (expanded urgent care)
- Friday 1 pm to 4 pm
- Saturday 10 am to 3 pm
- Sunday 10 am to 3 pm
- Suite 101-325 S. Archibald St. Thunder Bay, ON, P7E 1G6
- Tel: 807-475-9595
- Fax: 807-475-9797
- Email: email@example.com
3. Fort William Family Health Team Walk-In Clinic
Fort William offers integrated family healthcare services so that you won’t have to go anywhere else.
This Thunder Bay walk-in clinic provides:
- Chronic disease self-management by educating patients about their illness and offering treatment and advisory support to improve quality of life while living with a disease
- Help with quitting smoking by giving people the tools to strategize and take action to prevent potential relapse
- Nicotine replacement therapy
- Coordinated care plan for diabetic patients
- Weight loss management program
- “Advance Care Planning” by giving patients an opportunity to plan for future medical situations where they may be unable to tell healthcare professionals what they wish and to nominate in advance a substitute decision-maker.
- Suite 201, 1260 Golf Links Road, Thunder Bay ON, P7B 0A1.
- Monday 9 am to 5 pm
- Tuesday 9 am to 5 pm
- Wednesday 9 am to 5 pm
- Thursday 9 am to 5 pm
- Friday 9 am to 5 pm with a lunch break from 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm.
The following two services are available only for Fort William family health team registered patients. No prescriptions are given during these two types of appointments.
Walk-In Clinic Timings:
- Monday: 1:15 PM to 4:00 PM (phone hours 12:30 pm to 3 pm)
- Friday: 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM (phone hours 9 am to 11:45 am)
After-Hours Clinic Timings:
- Monday to Thursday: 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM (On the phone from 3 pm to 7:45 pm)
- Saturday: 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM (On the phone from 9 am to 11:45 am)
- Tel: 807626-1235
- Fax: 8076328832.
4. Harbour View Family Health Walk-In Clinic
This walk-in clinic in Thunder Bay is available for patients seeking after hours non-emergency care. This is meant for patients suffering from conditions such as sinus infections, UTI or rashes and need immediate relief, and can’t wait for scheduled appointments.
Their services include:
- Chronic disease management program with a panel of specialists including family physicians, registered nurses, doctors, dieticians, nurse practitioners, and social workers
- Hypertension management by educating and guiding patients on how to manage the condition
- Diabetes management and cholesterol management programs
In addition to medical needs, they offer advisory resources on:
- Balanced nutrition
- Women’s health
- Mental health
After Hours (Walk-in)
- Monday 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m
- Tuesday 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m
- Wednesday 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m
- Thursday 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m
- Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m
- 1040 Oliver Road Suite 301, Thunder Bay, ON, P7B 7A5.
- Tel: (807) 346-1240
- Fax: (807) 346-8687
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All walk-in clinics in Thunder Bay are equipped to manage most non-emergency medical needs for families and with some unique offerings, can serve the complete spectrum of individual patient needs. We hope this comprehensive list of walk-in clinics will help you make an informed decision about your and your family’s health.
All walk-in clinics in Thunder Bay also provide basic COVID-19 education guidelines and communication but it is recommended for patients to call any Thunder Bay walk-in clinic in advance.